Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed at a doctor’s office or a hospital. Patients usually return home the same day.
What is Radiofrequency Ablation?
Radiofrequency Ablation in India is a procedure in which radiofrequency waves are used. With the usage of radiofrequency, waves produce heat on recognized nerves. Specific area of nerves which need to be ablated are confirmed by diagnostic block which takes place before the procedure. By generating heat on the painful nerve, which transmits pain, signals to the brain are destroyed, hence ablating the nerve.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Radiofrequency Ablation in India
Radiofrequency Ablation might also additionally or won't be completed beneathneath mild sedation. If sedation is used, the affected person is commonly stored wakeful and aware to an volume so that you can describe what they sense all through the stimulation and lesioning of the nerve. RFA involves the subsequent steps:
- The affected person lies on his/her belly on a method table. If sedation is used, an intravenous (IV) line is commenced in order that rest medicine (sedation) may be given.
- The skin over the treatment(surgery) area (neck, mid-back, or low back) is properly wiped clean to decrease the threat of infection.
- The surgeon numbs a small region of skin through injecting a numbing medicine (anesthetic) withinside the location of the RFA injection site.
- The doctor makes use of x-ray guidance (fluoroscopy) to direct the Radiofrequency Ablation needle in the direction of the medial or lateral department nerves.
- Medial department nerves transmit ache from the side joint(s). Each side joint is attached to two medial department nerves that deliver ache alerts farfar from the backbone to the brain.
- Lateral department nerves transmit ache alerts from the sacroiliac joint(s) among the sacrum and ilium withinside the pelvis to the brain.
- Once the needle tip is positioned accurately, an energetic electrode is inserted thru the needle and a small quantity of electrical modern is cautiously handed subsequent to the goal nerve and a secure distance from different nerves. This modern may also in short recreate the painful signs and symptoms that the affected person commonly experiences.
- Once the goal nerve is confirmed, a warmth lesion is created at the nerve the use of the desired method (conventional, pulsed, or water-cooled radiofrequency) of ablation.
- This procedure can be repeated for extra nerves.
The entire procedure usually takes 30 to 90 minutes. It is advised to have someone drive the patient home after the Radiofrequency Ablation procedure in India.
Different Types of RF Ablation Therapy for Chronic Pain in India
- Medial Branch Neurotomy
- Lateral Branch Neurotomy
- Thermal or Conventional
- Cooled Radiofrequency Ablation
- Transdiscal Biacuplasty
What are the results?
Pain relief may last from 9 months to more than 2 years. It is possible the nerve will regrow through the burned lesion that was created by radiofrequency ablation. If the nerve regrows, it is usually 6-12 months after the procedure. Radiofrequency ablation in India is 70-80% effective in people who have successful nerve blocks. The procedure can be repeated if needed.
Radiofrequency Ablation Side Effects
The risk of hardship from radiofrequency ablation in India could be very low. Serious complications, together with infection and bleeding on the incision site, are uncommon.
Temporary side effects can include:
- Weakness or numbness on your legs
- Swelling and bruising on the incision site
Radiofrequency Ablation Cost in India
Radiofrequency Ablation Cost in India ranges between 1,75,000 Rs. to 350000 Rs. depending upon the type of ablation to be done whether 3D or 2D. The entire Radiofrequency Ablation procedure takes up to 30 to 45 minutes, and patient can return home 1 Day stay.
Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy in India is used to treat a wide variety of conditions including Pain management, Cardiac Arrhythmia, Tumors, Aesthetics dermatology and Varicose Veins.