Shopify Plus Pricing
Transparent pricing. Clear value.
Starting at $2,000 USD per month or a variable fee for higher volume businesses
One of the single biggest factors in deciding whether or not to upgrade your ecommerce solution is the cost.
If you are a merchant considering Shopify Plus for your store, congratulations! Shopify Plus is a powerful, ecommerce enterprise solution that is ideal for high growth online stores. When it comes to the cost of Shopify Plus, there are many categories to consider, here are the most common pricing questions we get:
How Much is the Shopify Plus Monthly Cost?
Shopify Plus pricing has a floor of $2,000/month for a Shopify Plus license. This license allows you to create up to 9 expansion stores, many merchants use these expansion stores to create stores in different countries (and languages).
Shopify Plus costs the greater of $2,000 or 0.25% of sales volume per month.
To give you a better idea, a merchant who makes $1 million in sales per month will pay $2,500, whereas you would need $16 million in sales per month to get hit with the maximum price.
Shopify Plus Credit Card Processing Fees
Cost:- Varies by country, but it includes an extra 0.15% fee if you aren’t using Shopify Payments.
There are many things to consider when you evaluate Shopify Plus credit card transaction fees, here is a quick rundown of how the fees work assuming you use Shopify Payments:
- US customers credit card fees Visa and Mastercard 2.15% + $.30/transaction
- International customers credit card fees 3.15% + $.30/transaction
- US customers credit card fees Amex 3.15% + $.30/transaction
Shopify Plus Payment Processing Fees
Estimated cost:- 1.6% + $0.35/£0.20 per transaction
($1,750.80 per month for 5,000 transactions at $50 average value)
There’s also the transaction fees associated with processing online payments that need to be factored into Shopify Plus pricing.
when using Shopify Payments to process transactions then fees will be paid alongside the Shopify Plus licence fee. With a surcharge payable if using a third-party processor.
So the options are:
- 1.6% + $0.35 (£0.20 in UK) per transaction if using Shopify Payments
- 0.15% per transaction if using a third-party payment gateway (which will also have fees of its own)
- Shopify Payments users can also qualify for lower rates on their Shopify Plus licence fee. However, this only comes into effect once a merchant has moved well beyond the standard $2,000 per month threshold.
Shopify Plus Additional App Fees
Estimated cost: $200-$1,000+ per month
Shopify Plus is a powerful system. But larger and/or fast growing businesses will likely require more advanced tools and apps to better manage specific tasks.
This could be as little as a few dollars a month for email automation or connecting accountancy software, for example. But could also require a much higher investment for more powerful multichannel management or shipping software tools.
Such systems aren’t required for every business. But it’s important to ensure your back office operation matches the quality that Shopify Plus is providing on the front end.
The more tools and apps that are integrated to your business, the more additional fees you’ll encounter each month. A ballpark figure, however, would be to expect costs of between $200-$500 per month for the average Shopify Plus operation.
Need help??? Find The List of top 10 best Shopify Development Companies
Shopify Plus Maintenance Fees
Expected cost:- ad hoc and minimal
Shopify Plus is a fully hosted platform. Meaning maintenance costs you’d normally associate with other alternatives (server fees, security patches, etc.) are all built-in to the licence.
It’s worth staying aware that there will always maintenance fees associated with making updates to bespoke areas of your site. But these should be relatively low and can be done on an ad hoc, as needed basis.
Total Shopify Plus Pricing
Overall, there are a lot of components that go into Shopify Plus pricing and how much it costs. And this is likely a large part of the reason simple pricing details aren’t listed on their website.
But using the estimates in this article should help to give a good idea of a roundabout figure.
For example, a business doing 5,000 monthly orders and an average order value of $50 might expect the following:
- Build cost: $40,000
- Licence fee: $2,000 per month (as sales are under $800k per month)
- Transaction fees: $1,750.80 per month (with Shopify Payments)
- Additional app fees: $500 per month
- Maintenance fees: $100 per month (on average)
- Total Shopify Plus pricing: $44,350.80 first month, then $4,350.80 a month
Still have questions About Shopify Plus Prices? Find your answers here.
What you need to know
What’s included in the $2,000/month Shopify Plus plan?
All the enterprise power you need to manage your business, without the weight and cost of legacy enterprise software.
Sell more now.
- Get up to 18% higher conversion with Shop Pay and a 60% faster checkout
- Future-proof with built-in AR, video, and 3D media on product pages
- Deliver localized shopping experiences with multiple stores, currencies, and languages, for B2B and DTC
- Customize your checkout and offer advanced discounts and shipping rates
- Never lose a sale with unlimited transactions, products, and 99.99% uptime. See how we calculate uptime
Manage the business, not just the store.
- Manage all your stores, staff accounts, and automated workflows from one location in your Shopify admin
- Save time and money by automating complex processes, campaigns, and discounts
- Reduce the cost of doing your taxes, and charge up-to-date rates with Avalara tax automation
Integrate in minutes. Launch in weeks.
- Get up and selling fast with rapid integration across your tech stack and tools
- Migrate your customer, product, and order data into your Shopify store
- Work with certified apps and partners to extend the platform the way you want
How much does it cost to migrate to Shopify Plus?
Shopify doesn’t charge you to migrate.
Migration costs depend on your business and existing commerce platform. Migration is your responsibility, but a Shopify Plus representative can outline potential costs and resources needed.
Once on the platform, you’ll work with a dedicated launch engineer—a technical consultant who guides your move and setup. Launch engineers help you build a scalable solution to avoid rebuilding in the future. Learn more about migrating to Shopify Plus
If you’re on Magento 1, our proprietary tool Transporter can help with your data transfer. Or use CSV files and Shopify API to migrate.
How does the variable fee work?
The Shopify Plus plan starts at $2,000 USD a month for standard setups and integrations. For more complex, higher volume business structures, our variable fee option flexes with your requirements. Talk to a Shopify Plus expert for more details.
What are your credit card rates with Shopify Payments?
Credit card rates vary by country. Contact a Shopify Plus representative for the most up-to-date rates for your location.
What are your transaction fees?
If you use a third-party payment processor, we charge 0.15% per transaction to cover additional security requirements. This fee helps us maintain our PCI compliance and the integrity of both you and your customers’ data.
If you use Shopify Payments, this fee is waived. You can also take advantage of up to 18% higher conversion rates when you enable Shop Pay.
What other costs are there?
None, but if you need custom development you should factor a Shopify Plus partner into your budget.
Other optional costs are one-time theme purchases, any third-party apps you need, and tax automation from Avalara Avatax ($250 USD per month).
How many online stores can I have?
You can create unlimited online stores to sell in different currencies and languages and to make your site accessible for global audiences. Your main store and 9 expansion stores are all part of your monthly platform fee, with an additional cost of $250 USD per month for each extra store.
Do I still need to use apps with Shopify Plus?
Shopify Plus isn’t meant to replace all of your apps—but we can replace many, including automation and customization apps to help you run your business. Talk to a Shopify Plus expert about your business and app requirements.
Are there extra charges for the Shopify Plus merchant success program?
No, the merchant success program is a key part of our partnership model, and one of our strategies for your success and growth.
Note:- These figures are examples based on rough estimates and may differ for individual businesses depending on their requirements. This article is designed to be a guide using Shopify Plus pricing correct at the time of writing.