What is PSD to Shopify conversion by PSD to HTML? We share here step by step guide to design in the PSD format and turn it into responsive web design, retina-ready, pixel-perfect, cross-device and suitable for each browser Shopify markup.
PSD to Shopify: How to Convert PSD to Shopify
Convert your PhotoShop PSD files to Shopify with ease using below guide.
PSD to Shopify:- How to Convert PSD to Shopify
So, you might have created web design layouts on Photoshop and have image files that summarize every aspect of your product page as per your desire. Supposedly you hear about the benefits of Shopify and decide to convert your PSD designs to Shopify templates.
Well if so, you have made the right desicion? Refer to this guide carefully where we will help you get your PSD designs converted into Shopify templates with a few simple steps.
Furthermore, it has a long list of clients like GitHub, GE, Tesla, Britannica, CrossFit and many others confirming its reliability. There are over 800,000 stores powered by Shopify. Shopify has paid more than $850,000 to 300+ ethical hackers for resolving security issues.
Besides, here are some convincing facts for you for converting PSD into Shopify
- The revenue from merchant services increased from 20% to 50%, from 2013 to 2016 respectively.
- Last year Shopify’s paying customers grew 55% from the previous year.
- There is a 126% average year-over-year growth for Shopify Plus merchants.
- According to Shopify’s financial report, its total revenue in the first quarter of 2019 was $320.5 million, a 50% increase from the first quarter of 2018.
If you have made up your mind for Shopify, you need to follow these steps to transform your PSD. But firstly, you have to first sign up for a free Shopify account.
Basic things required to start PSD to Shopify Conversion Process
Although Shopify makes it the easiest to develop a fully functional website from a PSD design, you will require some basic things for that.
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- The Photoshop design of your page, Photoshop skills, and a basic working copy of that program.
- A Shopify account and some knowledge of how to customize its settings.
Steps to Follow for Converting PSD to Shopify
- After opening the Shopify account, you need to follow the below steps.
- Set up a development store
- Open Your PSD document Design in PhotoShop and Use the Slice Tool.
- Save the files as images (JPEG, JPG.)
- Save your PSD file as an HTML file.
- Upload and Add Your files into the Shopify customizable CSS.
- Find and Install theme
- Customize Shopify Theme to match your PSD
1. Set up a development store
After creating your Shopify Partner Account, navigate to the “Development stores” tab in your dashboard and click “Create a development store” button.
2. Open Your PSD document Design in PhotoShop and Use the Slice Tool.
First of all, you have to slice your PSD design into small pieces using the slice ToolSlice tool. Now, you have to separate plan into smaller division section like "header", "footer" and "sidebar" to make coding easier and customizable. You have to draw a rectangle around the elements that you want to separate.
3. Save the files as images (JPEG, JPG.)
In the next step, you have to save the image by choosing File, Save for Web, and choose the highest resolution. After that, you have to keep in a jpeg format. You will prevent a pixelated and blurry image from your site.
4. Save your PSD file as an HTML file.
Now, you have to save the completed version as a .html file in the same PhotoShop program.
5. Upload and Add Your files into the Shopify customizable CSS.
Lastly, you have to upload new HTML and image file to your services, and now, you are ready to edit your page’s template. You can even replace the relevant images with the page’s template. Now, the process of PSD to Shopify is completed successfully.
6. Find and Install theme
Now that you have sliced your PSD file, now it’s time to browse through the Shopify Theme Store and find a template that is already close to your PSD file design. In the dashboard of your development store, go to Online Store Themes and click “Visit Theme Store”.
7. Customize Shopify Theme to match your PSD
Once your favourite theme is installed, go to the Theme Manager to customize your Shopify theme according to your PSD file’s design. Click "Customize theme" button in your Theme Manager, and it’ll take you to the Theme editor where you can modify and preview theme settings in real-time.
You need to edit these theme files and restoring the images with your relevant sliced photos can make your Shopify theme look exactly like you want it to. As you can see, every file in the above screenshot ends with a ‘.liquid’ extension. If you have a closer look at a ‘.liquid’ file, you’ll notice it’s just like a regular HTML file with some embedded code.
Why choose CartCoders to convert PSD to Shopify?
If you are are not fluent with HTML or CSS. It may be best to employ a team of experts to make sure your website looks and runs to its' optimum potential. Especially because website errors can put off potential customers by giving an unprofessional look. CartCoders have a team of PSD to Shopify deisgn professionals who work with brands around the world to create dynamic online shopping experiences. We can get professional results with a small turnaround time. - We work from your PSD designs (or JPG, TIF, BMP etc.) to create a pixel perfect representation suitably coded for the Shopify server.